Tuesday, May 3, 2016

2016 is HERE!

2016 is here and it feel good to be racing again! After a year break I am racing, starting with AFM Round1 At Buttonwillow Raceway in Buttonwillow,CA. It's been a long year and now I'm back and ready for the sounds of motorcycles zooming,the smell of race gas flowing and the beautiful sight of the Beautiful People of the AFM! 2016 is going to bring some new challenges for me,racing after a year with no practice and racing, switching tire sponsors from Pirelli to Dunlop and changing motorcycles from a Triumph Daytona 675 to a Yamaha R6.

Saturday
Practice day! Saturday practice went good,I had started to feel more comfortable on the bike with some seat time but I still had to work on getting comfortable with the seating. The Daytona 675 seat and the R6 seat feels so much different! One bike you feel as if you are sitting in the bike and the other on top.

Sunday
Morning practice, I felt good. I picked up the pace from Saturday practice because I was now hitting the rev limiter coming out of certain corners.I didn't have time to fiddle with the gearing so I decided I would short shift in certain areas and get through this weekend

750 SBK
I got a pretty decent start, passing a couple of rider into turn one but had to check up a bit because of a rider coming in hot and going straight across the track,which allowed a few riders to pass on the inside. After a few quick appearance from AFM #714 Deivide Dasilva and a couple of other riders it turned out to be a lonely race. I finished 20th

F1
I got a good start passing a few riders into turn one slotting in behind AFM #31 Bruce Bleeker,after making a Pass out the exit of Riverside I was stalked by another rider (unknown number) until he mad a pass on me going into sunset. Lap 2 I was stalked by AFM #315 Bob Lazzarini for a few laps before he mad a pass going into turn 1. Lap 4 I would lose another place to AFM 197 Joseph Palmeri and on lap 6 coming out of the S's I made a mistake causing me to lose another place to AFM # 729 Fabian Fernandez. I finished 18th
                                     

600 Production
I had a fairly good star,all was well and then a little mishap happened. Another rider tried to make a pass on my going into Cotton Corners hitting my rear fender and knocking my GoPro from its position to facing the floor,luckily either of us went down.
                                   

600 SBK
This would be a fun race,This was the last race of the day and I began to feel more comfortable on the bike. During this race I would have a quick battle with AFM # 77 Wiles Sapp, #956 Greg Sharp,31 Bruce Bleeker and #209 Frankie Mehrer. I would finish in 22nd.

I would Like to thank all my sponsors for the support this season! I really appreciate it! Pacific Track Time,Dunlop Race Tire Services,GP Suspension,Hustle Hard Racing,Serious R&D,Meen Motorsports,VNM Sports Gear,Eric Kondo Racing,Motogloss,AXO,Forma Boots,Optimal Racing and last but not least my family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment